Resource Links for Delaware Drug Recalls and Medical Device Lawsuits:
- Delaware Bad Drug Lawsuits & Delaware Defective Medical Device Cases
- State of Delaware Statute of Limitations
- Delaware Medical Resources
- State of Delaware Legal Resources
- Delaware Law Libraries
- Legal Services for Delaware Communities
Delaware Bad Drug Lawsuits & Delaware Defective Medical Device Cases
Manufacturers introduce new medical devices and pharmaceutical medications to the marketplace every year. Unfortunately, many of these companies are more interested in ensuring their stockholders receive sufficient profits and less interested in the health and well-being of their consumers. Because of that, there has been a significant rise in the number of Delaware medical device lawsuits and Delaware drug recall cases filed by victims seeking financial compensation for their damages.
However, pursuing litigation against pharmaceutical companies and device manufacturers can be challenging and requires resources, persistence and experience. It is up to the victim to prove their case in court which often involves evaluations of scientific assessments and studies, assembling experts to provide testimony and preserving evidence.
The list of links below provide access to resources to begin the process of filing a drug lawsuit or defective medical case against the doctor, hospital, medical device (vaginal mesh, hip implant, etc.) or pharmaceutical company who caused your harm.
State of Delaware Statute of Limitations
Delaware Civil Statute of Limitations Laws – Code Provisions (Sections 6850 -6858)
It is crucial that victims understand the Delaware statute of limitations code that highly restricts the amount of time an individual can bring a lawsuit or file a claim for compensation against every individual or party who caused them harm. Each type of claim has a different deadline based on Delaware tort law.
Failing to file the required paperwork and documentation in the appropriate courthouse in a timely manner (before the expiration of the statute of limitations) could forfeit the legal opportunities the victims have to obtain the financial compensation they deserve.
- Personal Injury / Negligence – 2 Years
- Product Liability – 2 Years
- Wrongful Death – 2 Years
- Medical Malpractice – 2 Years “from date of injury, with Discovery Rule of no more than 3 years from malpractice. Tolls: Children under age 6 have 2 years, or until their 6th birthday, to bring claim. Damages: Several special rules apply to compensatory and punitive damage awards in medical malpractice.”
Delaware Medical Resources
- Delaware Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline
- Delaware Division of Public Health
- Delaware Office of Attorney General – Consumer Protection
State of Delaware Legal Resources
- New Castle County Law Library
500 N King St # 2500
Wilmington, DE 19801
- Widener University Delaware Law School
4601 Concord Pike
Wilmington, DE 19803
State Bar Association
- Delaware State Bar Association
405 N King St Ste 100
Wilmington, DE 19801
Legal Services for Delaware Communities
Reputable personal injury attorneys are available to handle every Delaware defective medical device case, wrongful death lawsuit, medical malpractice claim and Delaware defective medical device case in every community, urban center or rural area including:
- New Castle